Whenever I mention to people that I am a wedding photographer, I am often asked what are the most shocking things that I've seen at a wedding.
Whilst it would be unprofessional of me to name names, here are my top 10:
1. The best man proposing to his girlfriend during the best man speech. Talk about steeling someone's thunder. She said "no", by the way.
2. I watched the Groom's mother enjoying the champagne throughout the morning until she was so drunk she fell asleep during the wedding breakfast.
3. Once, the Groom turned up at the registry office after the Bride had arrived and he was drunk. The Registrar was forced to cancel the ceremony due to his inebriation.
4. Father of the Bride making a pass at one of the Bridesmaids and was asked to leave the wedding.
5. When the Vicar/Registrar asks "if anyone knows of any lawful reason why the couple shouldn't get married" don't say yes as a joke. When I saw this happen, the ceremony was put on hold for 20 minutes while the joker was taken aside and asked to explain the legal reason.
6. This one is a cracker... a female guest turned up to the wedding wearing her own wedding dress. Odd, right?
7. Wedding etiquette is very important and any guests that goes to a wedding wearing jeans will stick out like a sore thumb in the photographs.
8. I photographed a Catholic wedding a few years ago in the most beautiful ornate church, however, about 10 guests kept popping outside to smoke during the ceremony.
9. And there was this one time... the Paige Boy, walking backwards tripped over the dog and fell onto the wedding cake.
10. What happens on the stag do stays on the stag, right? At this wedding, the best man passed around A4 printouts during his speech of the Groom tied to a lamp post completely naked, except for a black gimp mask. Needless to say, the grandparents, parents and quite frankly everyone bar the ushers thought it was inappropriate.